Switching Comstar Rims to Spoke Rims Help.

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

countMiranda

Switching Comstar Rims to Spoke Rims Help.

Postby countMiranda » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:52 am

Hey guys, first time posting on here, and I love the forum, but now I need some advise.

I have a 1980 Honda CB650c, which I'm working on to restore. I'd like to swap out the Comstar rims with spoke rims. I found an ad online with someone selling '70's honda cb450' parts which include spoke wheels. I'm not so concerned about the condition of the tires or rust as I plan on purchasing new tires, and redoing the finish anyways, but I was just wondering what I should be looking for in regards to other model rims fitting my bike?

I'm more concerned about what sizes would fit on my bike/ would the cb450 rims need skinnier tires/ if my brakes are going to work as well, etc.

The seller informs me that he's got a good pair and the Front size is a 19", and the rear is 18".

Thanks in advance.
-Shaun M

ad:http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1063950164

countMiranda

Re: Switching Comstar Rims to Spoke Rims Help.

Postby countMiranda » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:55 am

Also, I've tried searching, but if theres another post about this, I apologize for the re-post, if I may be redirected that would be great as well.
-Thanks

cb650

Postby cb650 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:06 pm

easiest thing is get spoke rims from a standard 650 and use them. Mostly bolt right in. I am going just the opposite on my current project.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

Bohan

Postby Bohan » Fri May 01, 2015 5:00 pm

the front standard 650 wheel is a direct swap.
i think the 750 has a 6 bolt brake rotor so a 650 rotor won't swap to that wheel and i don't know if the 6 bolt rotor lines up with the caliper.
550 wheel might work though.

the rear standard 650 wheel itself requires use of the sprocket carrier from the custom and a different spacer.

Return to “Show it off”