My first bike!

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

DJAcidice

My first bike!

Postby DJAcidice » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Hey everyone,
My name is Dylan and I think this would be a good place to start looking for help when I have questions and read different forum posts about other's customization, upgrades, and general ideas of upkeep. I am new to biking altogether as I have only one family member I haven't seen since I was a kid who rode a bike, and I never saw him ride either, just the bike sit in the garage.
Yesterday, I said yes to a 1983 Honda Nighthawk 650! I rode it home 40 mins away from where I left my car and it was beautiful. I did a basic check on it, and everything seemed fine except some minor cosmetics and minor upkeep that I will have to take care of (so far I know I will need a new front tire soon, clean out the carbs soon, and a tune up altogether to make sure it's in good condition).
Now, I know this isn't the proper place to post this, since I'm new and introducing myself and the bike, I was curious on a few questions.

1) Where is the bike supposed to idle at? My bike idles as 900-1200 rpm and I just wanna make sure that is correct, and it does move between but I wanna know if that is a good range.
2) What is the gas mileage/overall mileage on a tank for this bike?
3) Should I do anything to it before I leave for 1-2 weeks to another state for work? Or just make sure it has close to a tank of gas and it should be fine?

I appreciate everyone's help and I can't wait to learn more from everyone about this bike and hopefully I will be able to help others out soon myself.

Cheers!
Attachments
My Bike!.jpg
My Bike!.jpg (3.59 MiB) Viewed 19348 times

Return to “Show it off”