New '82 CB650 pics

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

DammitDan

New '82 CB650 pics

Postby DammitDan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:31 pm

I finally got around to taking some pics of the bike now that it has the cafe fairing on it... I think it looks pretty snazzy!

I also took off the original headlight mount with the turn signals (which I never used anyway except for as running lights... I'll pick up some LEDs for that later) and put on some chromed clips that tucks the headlight in a bit closer. The bike certainly has a completely different look AND feel to it now that it has a fairing! I'll have to bring the camera along on one of my rides to capture some video and sound from under the fairing.

Oh, and forgive the headers... I have yet to clean them up. I'm going to take them off and do a complete job of re-painting them flat black when it gets a bit warmer. It's too damn cold out right now to even think about aesthetic maintenance!

What do you think?

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t305/dhumberd/CB650/

- Dan

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:52 am

I think the fairing looks really good. :)

bandwidth69

Postby bandwidth69 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:59 pm

That is a mean looking machine. The front end looks very cool! Now, if I collect all the spare bits I have....is there enough to put my donor bike on the road??? Hmmmmmm :twisted:
i dont watch big brother

DammitDan

Postby DammitDan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:47 am

I wish I could have something similar to yours, Ibsen... Yours is sleek and fits the bike. Mine kind of flares up like the feathers on a chicken's head. But I just can't stand the 80s style square headlights (kinda like when Jeeps started putting square headlights on their vehicles... What were they thinking?), so I guess I'll have to stick to my chicken head fairing :lol:

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:39 pm

I would have prefered a round headlight too, but I can live with the square one. :)

Return to “Show it off”