"The early bird catches the worm."

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Ibsen

"The early bird catches the worm."

Postby Ibsen » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:31 am

We have had a very warm weather here in Eastern Norway the past week, with tempereatures past 30 degrees Celsius in the shadow/around 50 in the sun in the middle of the day. Too me this is too hot for riding with the safety gear, but today I went up early and took off for a ride at 8AM. At this time of the day on a Saturday the roads were almost empty, and the temperature was perfect, but at the end of the 150miles ride it got really hot. I stopped for a break a few times during the ride, and I also took a few pics. All in all it was a great morning ride. 8)

holysmokes

Postby holysmokes » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:34 am

man , thats hot

here 28 celcius is too much, although our atlantic humdity is stiffling

how do you guys take a piece of tail in that heat :lol: obviously quite quickly and from a distance :roll:

Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:23 pm

Beautiful pictures, Ibsen! Thanks again for sharing the scenery.
1980 CB650c

Volker_P

Re: "The early bird catches the worm."

Postby Volker_P » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:21 am

Nice pics. I admire you still keep it that clean. Starting early is also my strategy since many years. Not only for temperatures but mostly for traffic. I do not know if there is a Sunday driver problem in Norway but here you definitively have it. Yesterday I started at 5.30AM to have a beautiful trip grinding down my footpegs in the Black Forest corners. :D. I came back at about 10AM to meet a friend and go swimming in a nearby lake and sleeping with a wide grin the hot afternoon afterwards. That's what I call a Sunday! :D.

Volker_P

Re: "The early bird catches the worm."

Postby Volker_P » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:08 am

Here is a picture from my "early bird" tour of this sunday.
As the batteries of my camera were empty, this is the only picture I could take. It shows a view from the black forest (altitude about 900m) down to the rhine valley which is however hidden in the fog behind the last row of hills. The trees in the foreground were cut off by a thunderstorm several years ago. I found some great raspberries for breakfast there. :D

Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:16 am

Das ist wunderbar! :) There are very few places in Europe that I'd like to visit, but this is definately one of them. I had an opportunity to go with my High School German class, but my parents didn't have the money and I wasn't a working student. Well, I didn't get paid anyway. Enough of my rambling. Thanks for sharing the photo, Volker.
1980 CB650c

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:51 am

Very nice scenery Volker. 8)

Return to “Show it off”