Fairing's gonna help ........

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Rifleman

Fairing's gonna help ........

Postby Rifleman » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:00 am

Well today was about +2 or 3 C so I went for it.......Rode into town first, then back home to decide if I could go to Campbell River (45 mins up the hwy at 90 kph). It was a tad cool, but once I get some proper riding attire, things will be all good. It really is nice to sit in behind the fairing that Wendy got for me for Christmas.......same style as the old Shoei FM-2, if anyone remembers that one. Although it's only a temporary fit for now, I know that once I get it sorted properly, summer isn't going to be long enough !

Buber

Postby Buber » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:36 am

Well, don't get me wrong, but for me, fairing and CB650 simply don't fit. It's a very nice naked bike, and fairing doens't do it.

My 2c worth...

Rifleman

Postby Rifleman » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:04 am

I got used to having one on, back in the days of my '79 Hawk TI.........it works well to keep the cool Arctic air off my body during the long winters we have here in Canada.....who knows ?....maybe in the summer I may take it off again and ride with the wind in my face.....

Volker_P

Re: Fairing's gonna help ....

Postby Volker_P » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:09 am

From experiments with a windshield I know well how much improvement a fairing like that can provide in winter. But it is hard to find a solution that fits the style. E.g. Ibsen (after trying out several positions and angles) found a good line, however with the Z-model tank which I think it is easier to find something where also the look fits. Being in Canada, I think I would also give a damn for the look but use the chance to extend the riding season as good as possible. BTW, I have a lined suit (something like a mixture of a rainsuit and a tank driver suit) that really keeps you warm and dry. I really can recommend that, you melt away inside when +10°C are reached. :D But it is an old one, you can't compare it to the thin stuff that you presently get here at most shops under the same label.

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:54 am

That fairing might not look half bad after the final fit.
1980 CB650c

soos

Re: Fairing's gonna help ....

Postby soos » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:26 pm

Volker_P wrote:From experiments with a windshield I know well how much improvement a fairing like that can provide in winter. But it is hard to find a solution that fits the style. E.g. Ibsen (after trying out several positions and angles) found a good line, however with the Z-model tank which I think it is easier to find something where also the look fits. Being in Canada, I think I would also give a damn for the look but use the chance to extend the riding season as good as possible. BTW, I have a lined suit (something like a mixture of a rainsuit and a tank driver suit) that really keeps you warm and dry. I really can recommend that, you melt away inside when +10°C are reached. :D But it is an old one, you can't compare it to the thin stuff that you presently get here at most shops under the same label.

I agree with that.

The '79cb650(US) is WAY easier getting a fairing to look good sitting on it.
I have fitted the same fairing to my '81cb650c, and it looks awkward compared to how it fits in on the '79.
Over at SOHC4 Dammitdan had a similar fairing to yours. Might be worth a look to see how his sat on his 650.

l8r
-=≡ Soos ≡=-

Rifleman

Postby Rifleman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:03 pm

As it sits now.........I got some new markings from xtreemedecals, and I know they're not original for the model I ride, but they do a lot more than the previous ones I used ......... 8)

old gringo

Postby old gringo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:58 pm

I think it is a nice looking ride
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Return to “Show it off”