'81 CB650 Standard Cafe/Brat/Scrambler proj.

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Fixxxated

Re: '81 CB650 Standard Cafe/Brat/Scrambler proj.

Postby Fixxxated » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Both the 650 and your Challenger are immaculate 8) . 440 Six Pack?

mrhaney

Postby mrhaney » Fri May 09, 2014 6:00 am

Where did you get seat cover ..and what style is it?..did yo chop your seat frame for this ..pictures would be good ..thanks

MacGordon

Postby MacGordon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Sorry about the slow replies friends.

I actually had not been getting email push notifications on the replies to my threads.

1) Thank you everyone for all the compliments. The bike is now owned by a good friend of mine who treats it like a child and loves riding with us. I've moved onto a triumph scrambler for my "fun" bike.

2) The Challenger was a 440 750 4 bbl. I sold it too at Hot Aug Nights in Reno for an ungodly amount.

3) Seat cover came from Ebay from a user that may/may not be still selling from there, but...I found their web site http://www.motorcycleseatsdirect.com/

MacGordon

Postby MacGordon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:26 pm

The new owner is MrPink

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8062

Let me tell you...prob one of the best motorcycle owners I've ever met. This is his first motorcycle and he takes care of it so well. Keeps it clean and always well maintained.

He's in the process of tracking down a different set of 650 carbs that have the removable jets, so that he can put in better air filters, and then he and his dad are also going to fab a custom exhaust. Right now, if you do ANY type of air filter changes (including opening the cover to the stop box, it will not start...period. And when I pulled the carbs the first time to change out all the gaskets and check the floats, I found that the jets are pressed in. Bummer, but it does perform pretty well stock.

breakscape

Postby breakscape » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:23 am

Did you cut and shape both fenders before you painted them? I'm building a cafe/brat and need some guidance.

Return to “Show it off”