Cold starting issue (still)

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

bubbachicken

Re: Cold starting issue (still)

Postby bubbachicken » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:51 pm

onepieceatatime wrote:
bubbachicken wrote:I must be half moronic, because I cannot get that link to show me the cable, let alone tell me a part number. All the vehicles listed in that link are modern or are ATVs and such, and the only listings for the CB650C are for a few items (most are discontinued of course) but do not even MENTION a choke cable... Maybe I missed it somehow, but I don't know if that is the site you were thinking it was..?

I think you said your bike was an '81 Custom...
http://www.servicehondapsn.com/fiche_select2.asp?category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1981&fveh=132941

That should take you directly to the listings for that bike, but when I looked, it is showing the choke cable discontinued now...

Choke cable is listed under Handlebar@Topbridge
Part number 17950-460-730

I bought mine about 4 months ago, the dealer ordered it for me, so I figured they were still around and didn't actually look before I posted that. :oops:

I think the aftermarket one I bought was motion pro, but I can't find one from them now either.

I appreciate the effort anyway. My luck is holding on this one, a day late and dollar short... I will find something out there I am sure, or I will make something work. Half the fun of the situation is making innovations that fix this sort of heartache, and sharing the innovation with others. I have an idea already for a straightline linkage using the cable I already have, if it works, it will eliminate the bend and therefore the source of my grief. I will pass it on if I can figure it out. Thanks anyway.

bubbachicken

Re: Cold starting issue (still)

Postby bubbachicken » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:07 pm

Well, her cold nature saved me today. After fighting the bike until the battery died/starter heated up (whichever), I gave up and took the car to the store. About halfway there, the sky opened up and the rain came pouring down (not supposed to do that until tonite! :x ). I was in the car, fortunately, and when I got to the store, I found out how slick the roads were. Ewwww....

Return to “Show it off”