Hello all! Im new here

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

SeeJay

Hello all! Im new here

Postby SeeJay » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:31 am

Hello fellow cb650 owners. I recently picked up this 1980 cb650 custom for $350. I feel like I scored big time. The previous owner had it running a month ago but it needs a new battery and some carb work.

This is my first ever motorcycle and my plans are to build a café racer inspired bike that I can ride on the weekends. If there are any others out there that have been down this road before I am open to any advice.

Thank you all!

SeeJay

Re: Hello all! Im new here

Postby SeeJay » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:34 am

Folsoml

Postby Folsoml » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:56 am

Welcome!
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:19 am

Welcome here ! :D

Looks good beyond the dent in the tank.

SeeJay wrote:The previous owner had it running a month ago but it needs a new battery and some carb work.

Often this means it does run somehow but not good but the PO has no idea why. So check out what you have starting with verifying the plug cables are plugged correctly.

And of course: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5848&start=5 :wink:
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

SeeJay

Postby SeeJay » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks guys! Yes I know I'm going to try and pull that dent and get it resprayed. The PO said that when he was rebuilding the carb he broke some seal and it just dumps fuel out of one of the carb drains. I just picked up my Haynes manual so I will hopefully be pulling the carbs out this weekend.

Folsoml

Postby Folsoml » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Good luck! In Volker_P's signature there is link to a free online manual, but I guess you already got one. I kind of prefer to have a print one in my hand anyway. Check my signature for a link to common issues.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Return to “Show it off”