This is how you post pictures

Please post your bike pics here

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Folsoml

This is how you post pictures

Postby Folsoml » Tue May 27, 2014 2:56 pm

People often have trouble posting pictures to this site. Either they cannot get them to load, or they post pictures that are so large that is disrupts how you can view the forum. What follows is what I have found to be the absolute easiest way to post pictures to ANY internet forum:

Open a FREE Photobucket account. Other similar types of photo hosting sites exist also, but these instructions are for Photobucket.

In the upper righthand corner, you will see your user name. Click on this and select "User Settings." The window should read "Personal Information." Select the tab for "Albums."

Scroll down until you see "Upload Options." Click on "Customize Upload Options." A window will appear that reads, "Choose how you want your photos displayed on Photobucket and linked to other sites." Select "640X480" and click on "Save."

Hit "Save" at the bottom of the Albums tab and you are ready to go. Your pictures will now automatically upload at a resolution of 640X480--which is a very nice size for forum viewing.

Now that you are set up, the rest is easy!

To upload your pictures to Photobucket:

Click on the large orange tab that reads "Upload" and follow the prompts.

To link your picture to the forum:

Select the picture you want to share.

To one the righthand side of the page, there is a box that reads "Links to share this photo." There should be four choices, the bottom of which reads "IMG." Put your cursor on IMG and click once. It should briefly flash yellow and read "copied."

Come here to the forum. Put your cursor in the text portion of the post where you want your photo to appear. On your keyboard, hit the "crtl" button and the letter "V" at the same time. In the text section, something that looks like this will appear:
URL=http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Folsoml/media/1Honda006_zps0552dfa2.jpg.html][imghttp://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/Folsoml/1Honda006_zps0552dfa2.jpg[/img][/URL

When you submit your post, the actual image will be visible.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Nor79

Re: This is how you post pictures

Postby Nor79 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:28 pm

How do you modify a pic from a cell phone.

Folsoml

Postby Folsoml » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:41 am

What I did was get the photobucket app. It's free and you can load your pictures directly to photobucket from your phone.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

MEHall

Postby MEHall » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:34 am

Thankfully i have a program that lets me resize the pictures, and photobucket now have possibilities to resize a picture uploaded there. :wink:

8)
Riding bikes? I ride where ever i want and whenever i want. :wink:

Online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com/

Return to “Show it off”