Wow, why is it so....

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

FordMan

Wow, why is it so....

Postby FordMan » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Wow, i have never seen such a dead forum, there is pages and pages of unanswered topics.
I know there isnt a ton of people that frequent the forum, but to keep people involved everyone needs to click on the View unanswered posts button.
We wont keep people active and posting if people come here for help and everyone ignores them. This is ridiculous.

Out of all the forum members, people cant answer a post about fuel petcock problems? so NO ONE here has ANY experience with an 82 nighthawk petcock valve?

GET ON THE FORUM, AND HELP PEOPLE OUT FFS!

I personally am going to try and help everyone i can, if i cant oh well, and yes that means even necroing 2012, 2011 and older threads. so get your brain strapped on and POST UP!
"Vintage Revolution"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOrn_h ... DZhOPmH81w
Current:
1979 Honda CB650 (HardTail Build)
1983 Suzuki GS850L (Fix and Minor Restore)
Old:
1989 Suzuki Katana 600
1978 Honda CB400T "Hawk"
1983 Honda VF750

jcasey007

Re: Wow, why is it so....

Postby jcasey007 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:41 am

In my opinion bad advice is worse than no advice and can be costly.

speaking personally, If I know about someone's issue I will always respond but I will never have a guess out of the blue.

As for petlocks for an 82 nighthawk, buggered if I know about anything about them :-)

cb650

Postby cb650 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:51 am

Sometimes the topic is beat to death on sohc4. a recent topic now is on both threads. Yes I have dealings with a 82 petcock. All bad get a new one if you can. That was beat to death on sohc4.
Sometimes I dont reply cause some jack ass will just start a argument over nothing.
Sometimes some people should refrain from having to reply to every thread.
:lol:
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

FordMan

Postby FordMan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:36 am

jcasey007 wrote:In my opinion bad advice is worse than no advice and can be costly.

speaking personally, If I know about someone's issue I will always respond but I will never have a guess out of the blue.

As for petlocks for an 82 nighthawk, buggered if I know about anything about them :-)

The 82 Nighthawk petcock question wasnt for me but another member, and i agree, but basic mechanical knowledge goes along way with these fairly simple machines, these arent Nasa rockets....
Besides i never said i would provide info about stuff i had no idea about or experience with, my intention was to get ppl like u, cb650 and others to respond to unanswered threads more often.

cb650 wrote:Sometimes the topic is beat to death on sohc4. a recent topic now is on both threads. Yes I have dealings with a 82 petcock. All bad get a new one if you can. That was beat to death on sohc4.
Sometimes I dont reply cause some jack ass will just start a argument over nothing.
Sometimes some people should refrain from having to reply to every thread.
:lol:

I understand, just digging thru all the 750 threads gets boring trying to find info about our 650's, hell its easier to search google and find the right sohc4 forum thread than it is to use their search engine.

I dont argue, about nothing :lol: every argument is a worth while one!
"Vintage Revolution"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOrn_h ... DZhOPmH81w
Current:
1979 Honda CB650 (HardTail Build)
1983 Suzuki GS850L (Fix and Minor Restore)
Old:
1989 Suzuki Katana 600
1978 Honda CB400T "Hawk"
1983 Honda VF750

Return to “General Discussion”