Neglect...

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Cteodorski

Neglect...

Postby Cteodorski » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Hello all,

I feel bad because I've been neglecting the forum -- but time hasn't been my friend. Between school, work, and being "Daddy", I just haven't had the time. So I want to make an offer.

If anyone is interested in taking the board to a new home, who can give it the time it deserves, I'd be happy to hand if off. This means I'd transfer the domain name and you'd have to find a web host, I'd gladly export the database, so you wouldn't be starting from scratch (and the GREAT content here wouldn't be lost). Even with the ad's the forum makes no money (google doesn't pay until you hit $50 and I still haven't hit that magic number), so don't think it's a cash cow. It's not terribly expensive to run either -- you should be able to find a host for a $100 or so a year.

If no one is interested -- the forum isn't going any place. I have no plans to shut it down, but unfortunately the neglect will probably continue. Really tending to the forum just isn't something I have time for these days.

So let me know if anyone is interested...

Your absentee administrator,

Chris

Volker_P

Re: Neglect...

Postby Volker_P » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:52 am

Sorry, no volunteer.
Just to say you did a great job all the time, I don't think this forum suffers from "neglect". Many thanks! Hope that it will not be closed down. :)
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

cb650

Postby cb650 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:26 pm

No neglect as far as I see. Youve been on top of it pretty good.
I would like to help but can barly get online nowdays much less host a site. Thanks for all youve done.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

pae

Postby pae » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:29 am

I've not noticed any neglect either, although don't have any idea what amount of wok you would normallly put in that we don't see, so perhaps you feel you've neglected your part but we ain't noticed it out front. It's running well, with the mods taking care of the recent spam.

But I'm sure it's not easy some weeks juggling this with everything else, so I can understand.

I'm afraid I can't help out as far as running it goes, but thanks for everything you have done to get it where it is today - it's a great resource and community. I hope it stays in some form.

Phil

Cteodorski

Postby Cteodorski » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Like I said -- rest assured, it's not going any place. I just wanted to let someone else who might be interested take a stab at it.

Chris

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:46 am

Hi, Chris. Glad to see you around. I can't say that I've been around here enough myself to notice any sort of neglect. Time, time, time... :)
1980 CB650c

Return to “General Discussion”