New to Forum but found a 650 on a trailer... decent shape

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Stude31

New to Forum but found a 650 on a trailer... decent shape

Postby Stude31 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:25 pm

Hey folks...

I proudly ride a 99 Honda Valkyrie Interstate and my brother in law was wanting a bike. My neighbor up the street has had this bike in his yard covered up for as long as I can remember. He also has a Yamaha (not sure of any more details). Both are in good shape but the Honda needs some TLC.. Brake lines, carbs cleaned, the normal stuff of a bike sitting for a long time. My question is what is a bike like this worth? I think he told me he wanted 700 or 800. Is that reasonable or not... I want it just for something to put on the bike lift and work on. I don't see 800 bucks being that much. The seat is in excellent shape.... I know w/o a picture it is hard to tell but I thought I would come onto your board and say hello and I might be a new owner of the 650!! I just got back from meeting all the Valkyrie riders in Colorado and I am sure you guys are just as much fun to be around and visit with so any advice is much appreciated...

Stude31
Topeka,ks

Volker_P

Re: New to Forum but found a 650 on a trailer... decent shape

Postby Volker_P » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:37 am

Welcome here! :D
I don't really know US prices but following the bikes appearing at this forum I think for 7-800 it should run at least. If it runs and is in good shape and does not need to much parts and work it might be worth it.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

cb650

Postby cb650 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:15 am

Yes for 800 it should run. Unless it is in VERY good condition. Sitting on a trailer even with a tarp its doughtfull.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:43 am

Welcome.

http://www.hondacb650.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55

The first picture is what I got for $400 in 2005... a running bike with good rubber in need of some tinkering. The last picture is what I have now after little more than $1000 (including purchase price) and LOTS of time invested. Biggest cost was the MAC exhaust at $300.
1980 CB650c

Return to “General Discussion”