What a ride!

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Nor79

What a ride!

Postby Nor79 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Hello fellow CBer's, After riding for years, I finally know what riding motorcycles is to me. I have been riding Harley's for years. I live in Illinois, the heart of theMississippi River Valley. Close Wisconsin, across the river from Iowa. A lot of great rides. A couple of weeks ago I decided to take my 79 cb650 for a long ride to gain confidence that it would go long distances. Just installed clubman bars and wasn't use to them so I wanted to ride. Got on this long stretch of paved country road and just gave it hell. Before I knew it I was laying on the tanks hanging on for dear life. I was rolling hard. I look down at the speedo and I was at 90.from then I kept my eyes on the road. Feet on the passenger pegs and I was lost to the road. I didn't look at the speedo again. I finally back down for a four way stop. Got to the next stretch with curves. Took them like a champ. I got to say it was the best time I have ever had in my 48 years of life. When you have nothing on you mind but what's in front of you, the road and what your on. I'm not saying break the law. The moral is I did not even know I was going that fast until I looked. I got lost in the ride. It will probrably never happen again but I hope it does. Keep it on the rode boys and girls. Nor79

Return to “General Discussion”