Windjammer 3 & an '85 Nighthawk 650?

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

RobH1

Windjammer 3 & an '85 Nighthawk 650?

Postby RobH1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi, All. I recently got my third (in my lifetime) Nighthawk 650; this one's an '85. I've been looking for a windshield or fairing that I could afford with my pitiful cash flow, and have found a Vetter Windjammer 3 in good condition, for a good price ($60). That's the good news. The bad news is that I have no idea if I can make it work on my Nighthawk. The worse news is that I have no idea where I can find mounting brackets specific to my bike, and don't really have access to a metal shop (or the skills required to manufacture them).

Has anyone had any experience putting a Windjammer - or any other fairing - on a similar Nighthawk? :?:

Has anyone got any idea where I can find the appropriate mounting brackets for my '85? :?:

Thanks so much!

Jenniehave

Windjammer 3 an 85 Nighthawk 650

Postby Jenniehave » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:05 pm

I am not an expert on that specific fairing. Other guys here may have a more detailed answer. I do not believe this was a Vetter fairing. However, it is a very Windjammer like design. I think Vetter only did fairings for Kawasaki and Honda Hondaline that were branded as the bike manufacture.

Return to “General Discussion”