No turning back...

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Masika

No turning back...

Postby Masika » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:25 pm

wrecked my bike back in sept. had an f150 turn left in front of me and it was a dead stop. I broke 7 bones and am now full of titanium! luckily I dont remember anything past squeezing my front brake.... anyway. insurance company finally gave me back the bike its well mangled but was a very good bike that id like to give to my unborn son some day. is there anyway to tell if the frame is to twisted to bother with a rebuild? I cant tell with the naked eye but im sure it doesnt take for it to be off much to rattle the bike. on a side note, anyone have a tank for sale?

cb650

Re: No turning back...

Postby cb650 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:44 am

'that sucks. Glad your doing better. If any questions on the frame just look for a parts bike. Might even score the tank.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

Folsoml

Postby Folsoml » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:46 am

Definitely sucks. Glad you are better.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

tario

Postby tario » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:06 pm

If you strip it down to the frame you can try to run strings around the headtube, through the frame, and hook them both on the rear dropouts in identical ways. This should give you something to get rough measurements off of. I'd say your fork stops are bent at least.

It looks like you need a whole bike though... Tank, fender, brake light, side covers, engine covers, handlebars, passenger pegs, and whatever else I can't see. The carbs and top end of the engine are worth more than the bike as a whole. You can use either just the camshaft, tach drive gear and tach on a 550 for more performance or the whole top end as an overbore kit.

Stay safe out there!
1979 cb650
1980 cb650

Return to “General Discussion”