help needed with reassembling choke shaft

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Folsoml

Re: help needed with reassembling choke shaft

Postby Folsoml » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:04 pm

juntjoo wrote: And it was difficult following the guide step by step as it had you do all kinds of unnecessary acrobatics w/ a paper clip or something

The paperclip part, if it is the part I'm thinking about, is to keep the spring from uncoiling when you unhook it.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

juntjoo

Postby juntjoo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Folsoml wrote:
juntjoo wrote: And it was difficult following the guide step by step as it had you do all kinds of unnecessary acrobatics w/ a paper clip or something

The paperclip part, if it is the part I'm thinking about, is to keep the spring from uncoiling when you unhook it.

yeah, i wasn't exactly sure what that was for but I just remember it was easy enough to manipulate that little spring so I just glossed over that part.

hey, yourself or anyone else, how do you grab those little tube clamps? the hoops at the end that cross each other like a paper clip.
82" cb650 Nighthawk

GeorgeSweety

Postby GeorgeSweety » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:50 am

Hi juntjoo, sounds like everything is coming along nicely. I use long nose pliers to work the wire clips, just pinch the two little loops together and keep them under slight tension and slide them along the hose until they are where you want them.

juntjoo

Postby juntjoo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:20 pm

GeorgeSweety wrote:Hi juntjoo, sounds like everything is coming along nicely. I use long nose pliers to work the wire clips, just pinch the two little loops together and keep them under slight tension and slide them along the hose until they are where you want them.

thanks. yes, now closing up final parts to bench sync. but i had problems using my long bent needle nosers, the best tool I've got but in fitted position the loops overlap so to grab them apart would be some entirely new tool to my imagination. maybe the particular hose has a fat spot it was on. I'll figure it out or channel the spirit of MacGyver.

otherwise, was taking the sync screws off necessary? I never saw a reason to so I didn't. I guess putting the carbs back together would have been easier had I. And I'm assuming if all you can do to sync your carbs is adjust the sync screws then they should be synced just as they were good or bad before I took them apart, correct? I'll do the "bench sync" anyway to be thorough and know the process but I was just curious.
82" cb650 Nighthawk

Folsoml

Postby Folsoml » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:23 pm

I find it way easier to reassemble them with the sync screws removed.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Return to “General Discussion”