can anyone recommend a saddlebag setup for my bike?

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

juntjoo

can anyone recommend a saddlebag setup for my bike?

Postby juntjoo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:25 am

do I need one of those brackets to keep the bags off the rear wheel or might I not need that? also, has anyone combined the smaller triangular bags with the regular ones? I'm thinking about maximum storage capability. Should I consider saddlebags that are easilly removable like in case you have to leave your bike but you have your saddlebags full with valuables?
82" cb650 Nighthawk

GeorgeSweety

Re: can anyone recommend a saddlebag setup for my bike?

Postby GeorgeSweety » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi jj, I suppose a lot depends on what style and which manufacturers panniers you use. Many years ago I borrowed some from a friend for a long trip that were the throw over type, they just had a buckle strap underneath that secured them to the bottom of each rear shock. Never needed any stays and they lifted off very easy but I can't for the life of me remember what brand they were. I went all over Wales without a problem (the country, not the swimmy things :lol: ).

juntjoo

Postby juntjoo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:37 pm

GeorgeSweety wrote:Hi jj, I suppose a lot depends on what style and which manufacturers panniers you use. Many years ago I borrowed some from a friend for a long trip that were the throw over type, they just had a buckle strap underneath that secured them to the bottom of each rear shock. Never needed any stays and they lifted off very easy but I can't for the life of me remember what brand they were. I went all over Wales without a problem (the country, not the swimmy things :lol: ).

thanks. I'm looking for brown detachable ones you can lock wide enough to hold a gallon of milk. I suppose I can try some out and if they need the "stays" then I'll get them.
82" cb650 Nighthawk

juntjoo

Postby juntjoo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:21 am

here they are. check em out. I really like them. but I gotta find a way to secure them under the seat.

new saddlebags https://imgur.com/a/3YCCx
82" cb650 Nighthawk

MEHall

Postby MEHall » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:05 am

I have those bags you see in the pics and it works ok on my european CB650.

It's from a chain of store called Biltema (car theme) here in Sweden, but i know those saddle bags is made outside Sweden.

8)
Riding bikes? I ride where ever i want and whenever i want. :wink:

Online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com/

juntjoo

Postby juntjoo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:59 pm

my question is how to install them under the seat? it seems impossible without heavy modification. it would be perfect installed under the seat cushion. all nice though. I just gotta secure them better. they have rings on the inner outside I guess your could put cable through to lock them to your bike. Might do that
82" cb650 Nighthawk

Return to “General Discussion”