handlebars and triple clamp ??

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Kriegmob

handlebars and triple clamp ??

Postby Kriegmob » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:53 pm

So, trying to pull together the front end of my cb650 rebuild. The stock gauges and indicator lights are in the dust bin, I'm leaning towards replacing those with an Acewell digital speedo-tach, but before I can buy the cool flashy stuff I need to sort out my handlebars. First off apologies for my most likely mis-naming parts.

The top triple clamp brace needs to be replaced (the fuse box will be relocated). I've found some really nice billet aluminum options for CB750's, but nothing listed specifically for the 79 CB650. I'm guessing that there is some cross-over for those top clamps. Does anyone on the forum know if the cb650 top triple clamp is same dimensions as a CB750 one?

Also, the bars on my bike are not stock (maybe a clubman style). I like the shape of them, but the clutch side is rounded off with a threaded insert for bar end stuff, the throttle side is just a big open hole. Is this normal? How would one order bar end mirrors for that? Should I just go ahead and replace them?

And just to make sure I'm thinking this through correctly....top triple clamp accepts the riser, which the bar sits in, and then a top bar clamp holds it all together, correct???

Thanks for the help!

Hutch1

Re: handlebars and triple clamp ??

Postby Hutch1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 pm

1982 CB650SC

Return to “General Discussion”