First ride this season

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Ibsen

First ride this season

Postby Ibsen » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:13 pm

The weather has been really nice over here in Eastern Norway the last two weeks and most of the snow has melted. Today I took the Honda out for the first time this season. I haven't done anything to the bike this winter other than replaced the chain and sprockets and the tyres. I have put on Dunlop GT501 both front and rear, and they felt very good on this bike.
I took these pics with the camera in my mobile phone.

B4

Postby B4 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:10 pm

Looks like its wintered well Ibsen :D Iput mine through its mot and its passed, insurance only £30 more for the yaer than my bandit 400. Its going on the dyno tomorrow for some fine tuning of the carbs. Handles altogether differently to my bandit...steadier pace, prefer the gearing. Its a bit more work in the turns but just takes a bit of getting used to. Hope you all have some fine weather ahead. Its 2 degrees here and snow is forcasted over the weekend. Ride safe everyone :D
dont put a blanket over me...I was only blinking!!

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:27 pm

Yep, it was nearly 60 degrees(F) here in New York on Tuesday and I kicked the tires, checked the chain and brakes and rode her into work. She ran great! Today it's 20 degrees and we've got around 5 or 6 inches of fresh, powdery snow with more forecast into tomorrow afternoon. The good news is more warm weather forecast for later next week.
1980 CB650c

bandwidth69

Postby bandwidth69 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:16 am

Looking cool! 8)

Been riding steadily of the winter, but not on the CB. However, finishing off a few jobs over the next few days with a view to get her back on the road. I'm in the bizzare situation, like most other riders in this country I assume, where the only way you can make savings on hefty insurance costs, is to keep the policy open all year - wheather the bike is on the road or not. The CB is SORN'd Statutory Off Road Notice - so has no Tax, but I ws actively discouraged to dissolve the insurance policy because it would end up costing me more the next time i tried to take one out. (cancellation charges etc) Multiply this by the three bikes i run and the money soon mounts up. I am thinking of swiching to an online firm - e-bike. They insure both cars and bikes and I can carry over the two years No Claims Bonus I have collected from being careful with the CB as well. (no I'm not on commission)

So back to the weather. Not bad out today. Ground frost the other night, snow forecast, but only on high ground. Spring's on the way though...wel that's the rumour. :?
i dont watch big brother

Volker_P

Re: First ride this season

Postby Volker_P » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:26 am

We had no real winter here this year, so no skiing or ice-hockey nearby. On the other hand, spring started really early and allowed for fine rides on dry roads already :D, however not with my CB, as it is only registered April to September.
But presently it seems like winter is delivering a postscript. :?

Vatch

Postby Vatch » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:52 am

Same here. Temperature had dropped to the freezing range again. Not only does it bring snow, but the 650 does not care to get out of bed (garage) on such days. :cry:
'99 1500 Drifter

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:07 am

Spring is finally here! :D It was close to 60 degrees again today. I spent the day cleaning up after the dogs in the backyard. Like I told my neighbor, "I'm raking the yard and thinking about riding the bike when I should be riding the bike and thinking about raking the yard." :( Oh well, I'm sure they appretiate my speedy cleanup of the winter's dogshit. At around sunset I washed the salt off of the 650 and took a chilly ride in the dark to dry her off real well. :wink:
1980 CB650c

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:18 pm

Btw, I forgot to post a pic of the new helmet I got as a gift from a friend. It's an Arai Signet GTR, custom painted by the guy who gave it to me.

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:24 am

Wow, nice helmet. Your friend did a good job.
1980 CB650c

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:55 am

Fine piece of art.
And another very good reason not to fall off. :D

Vatch

Postby Vatch » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:04 am

Nice pain job. It even has your name on it. :D
'99 1500 Drifter

Return to “General Discussion”