Picture gallery and document collection

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Cteodorski

Picture gallery and document collection

Postby Cteodorski » Wed May 10, 2006 9:36 am

All,

I've been working behind the scenes to provide two services for this group:

1. a location where documents, links, and the like could be stored and accessible to all
2. a place to post images that doesn't expire quickly -- a thread whose content is based almost entirely on an image becomes worthless quickly after the image host takes the image down.

To that end I have started to set up a Wiki that includes a photo gallery -- this gallery will allow you to upload images and link to them on the forum. I need a few people with some images and possibely some documents (I believe Ibsen at one point mentioned having some) that they would like to share with the group.

Adding content to the wiki will be strictly controlled -- ie. only members of this forum will be allowed to create content on the wiki and membership to the forum does not guarantee the ability to create content on the wiki. For now, I'm going to control who can add content to the wiki and who can't. I'm just trying to keep the wiki spam and junk free.

If you are interested in helping -- send me a private message with an e-mail address where I can send login information to.

Thanks,

Chris (aka Cteodorski)

Vatch

Postby Vatch » Thu May 11, 2006 7:53 am

I'm guessing a number of us have some repair pictures (e.g. carb balancing, Ibsen), period 650 documentation, and of course, pictures of our bikes. Restricting what gets put up is a good idea as I understand with my limited computer knowledge that space can go fast if people are allowed to post images and documents willy-nilly.

That being said, if putting things on the Wiki is fairly easy I could help out with it.

It's a good idea, Chris, thanks for taking the initiative on this. :)
'99 1500 Drifter

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Thu May 11, 2006 8:38 am

I have a few articles and ads as PDF files. And I also took pics when I replaced the cam chaim tensioner. All in all it's approx 35MB. I don't know how you wan't me to upload them. I can use FTP, but I will need a server adress and a password.
And I have already posted a link to the original Honda workshop manual that Cosky scanned and uploaded to his server. The link is in the Links section

Cteodorski

Postby Cteodorski » Thu May 11, 2006 9:58 pm

You won't need FTP -- once the wiki is up and running -- you'll be able to upload files, create webpages, etc.

It's pretty cool technology.

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Fri May 12, 2006 1:56 am

Ok. Sounds very good Chris. :D

Volker_P

Re: Picture gallery and document collection

Postby Volker_P » Mon May 15, 2006 2:19 am

It works! :D
You need cookies activated. First you have to register. This requires a password provided by our admin Cteodorski. After the registration procedure, you have to wait for an email which confirms that the account was created. Then you can log in and upload pictures.
Thanks, great job, Chris!

I did not find so far any option to change or delete the picture or the corresponding text. But there is a "sandbox" feature for practising and testing.

Return to “General Discussion”