Site Maintenance

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

tidd650
Site Admin

Site Maintenance

Postby tidd650 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 pm

The last couple of weeks may have been a bit bumpy. My buddy at Amazon who is hosting our site now had to perform some maintenance and in the process things didn't go perfect for us. I'll take the blame on that one, we had to change some DNS settings and I failed to test the server prior to cut over.

Search. The search system for this forum package is really lacking modern functionality. As a result it far too often binds up on words that you and I want to search for, but it thinks are "too common" due to our posting paterns. To that end, I have been playing with reindexing the search database a number of different ways. If this does not work, I may end up hacking some code to change the manner in which search works altogether. The only problem with this is time. I'm pretty short on extra time these days, so who knows when that will be completed.

In any event, we are making efforts to make the site better. Please excuse us if we should faulter along the way.

thanks!

-tidd650

cb650

Re: Site Maintenance

Postby cb650 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:04 am

I like the way things have been going. Funny the search on sohc4 hasnt been working either. Thank you for all you do here.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:46 am

Just checked it out, the search function works much better now!
I did not notice other problems in the recent time so also very good work there!
Thanks a lot! :)
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

totem12

Postby totem12 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Thanks, it is much appreciated....

Return to “General Discussion”