650Z model differences across the pond

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Vatch

650Z model differences across the pond

Postby Vatch » Fri May 19, 2006 12:48 pm

Differences between the European and North American Z models that I can see include:
Headlight: Euro halogen - N.A. incandescent. North Americans eat more carrots and can see better at night ? :?
Tail light: much larger in Euro version. Again, maybe Europeans can’t see as well so they need bigger lights. :wink:
Rear Mud Flap: N.A. version has no such flap. Roads are supposed to be better in N.A.? :wink:
Front Brakes: Euro dual disc - A single disc. I guess Europeans like to stop faster :roll:

Nice brochure. Thanks for posting.
'99 1500 Drifter

kc13661

Postby kc13661 » Fri May 19, 2006 5:07 pm

I think that we get the larger parts on Euro models and all the extras so that we can be charged a lot more for parts... :?
They reckon the bigger lights and the extra disc and flaps etc are all incorporated for extra safety... We have a more strict code of safety for our vehicles and Bikes (sometimes a result of to many people with nothing to do all day but add extra regulations on the things we enjoy)

:lol:
Stay Safe Stay Upright

cb650

Postby cb650 » Sun May 21, 2006 11:27 am

The euro also had rearsets didnt they? Most all the pics I see have them. Also the us Z was only 1 year.

Terry

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Mon May 22, 2006 5:38 am

That's right Terry. The Euro Z model had rearsets. And it was produced from 1978 (it was presentd for the UK press in November 1978), to early in 1982, February, I think. This model was also sold in Australia, NewZealand and in the far east for the same period. And the cowling behind the seat rooms a toolbox. The blinkers are large, and square, and the tail light is the same as used on the CX500. And the Silver Comstar rims are the same as used on the CX, and the Gold Wing. Also the passenger grab rail is different.

Return to “General Discussion”