Is there a supplier in USA or AU that ship parts to SA?

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Lejaun79

Postby Lejaun79 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:15 pm

I tried E Bay and Amazon, but for some reason USA don't ship to SA.
It's such a mission to get cheap parts here?

usbear

Re: Is there a supplier in USA or AU that ship parts to SA?

Postby usbear » Fri May 17, 2013 8:08 pm

i will check it out for you and get back to you.

usbear

Postby usbear » Sat May 18, 2013 1:24 am

so I just checked my ebay, ups ,usps and fedex accounts.
E bay is a market place and can not tell anyone how or where to ship or sell, just whats legal to list.
Buy or Sell on Ebay and ship on your own without them.

Just find a workable supplier.

No one prohibits shipping to S.A.

In fact they like the business.
Certain things require an import license. Honey can not be sent in. Diamonds have to be sent a certain way and weight limits of 66 lbs apply on other items.

I saw where some sellers wont sell to S.A. because some shipments take six weeks or more to get there.

They must be sending wrong.
United States Postal Service mails to you and they don't drive trucks there, they fly and that does not take long at all.

I have an ebay site and sell gunparts, mc parts and computer networking components all over the world. This week I shipped to UK, canada and greenland with restricted items and I used the proper codes and all went smooth.

No restrictions exist for you through UPS for a bonified gift not to exceed
R 400. How much is that US dollars.

So AU loves import export , their economy is strongly dependent on trade with China and other neighbors so it should be easy to do business with them. I am in fact working with a importer located in Au now to set up import and they are very easy to deal with.

That being said , if you can not find someone to ship to you get back to me and I will help you out.

I have a local box store that packs and ships for me also and I will go in Monday and ask on your specifics. I can in fact give you their phone number and have them do your shipping.
Nearly anything can be arranged here in the states as long as we are not doing Illegal things.

Your MC parts are easy, just need to find out the rules, and the legal work a rounds. I sell parts that are not legal if assembled but legal if un assembled. You may find restrictions like that, but may find solutions for it.

Here in the States we are a bit spoiled and look for they easy way out.

As long as you pay up front and take the risks yourself, no one should have a problem, but large retailers or wholesalers won't do gifts or anything out of the ordinary and be at risk for delivery problems in an unknown place.

So on a final note, My friend owns and operates a M.C. racing machine shop in California for over thirty years. He and I are developing some parts for the 650 and other MC. and we routinely assembly, stage and ship parts globally. Let me know if I can help any further or point you in the right direction.

Lejaun79

Postby Lejaun79 » Sat May 18, 2013 4:22 am

Thanks so much Usbear for getting back to me regarding this, I was begining to think that I'll never find parts in USA. I will have to speak to my machanic and let him know that I can indeed get parts from US.
In SA we are still very delayd when it comes to vintage parts, I wish some motorcycle companies would wake up and import parts for vintage bikes. The only place beleve it or not where to get parts for a old honda is at the dealers that import it from Germany anyway. I mean....really. Why not stock up on spares for old bikes.
The past x2 years cafe racers have been picking up in Cape Toun, Pretoria and Durban.

A friend and I have started the first Casual Social Appreciation Society of Vintage & Modern Cafe' Racers in Cape Town South Africa. Our Facebook page is a place for Cafe' enthusiasts to organise events, share wrenching ideas, arrange rides, post pics of their bike or simply chat with like-minded Cafe' fanatics.

I am 33 years old and I have started loving all vintage cars and bikes about 4 years ago when I purchased a 1962 RSK Porsche Spider kit car.
And from there I started apreciating the older bikes and cars.

So this is not a fly by night to get some bike parts to fix a bike, it's bringing the old back to life. I like this forum because thare are people like you that I believe feel the same way about these old machines.

I'll stay in touch.
Thanks
Lejaun

taurus66

Postby taurus66 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:16 am

I posted some of my side cover replicas to SA, They took 2 months to get there.. The delay was the SA postal system... According to my tracking the parts were in South Africa three days after i had posted them.... So why they held onto them for the next 7 1/2 weeks no one can say...

usbear

Postby usbear » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Nice work on seat!
I have checked some more and found that Fed Ex has a program from the States that buyers and sellers really like.
Bob

Return to “General Discussion”