Main jet pic anyone?

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Nevernoluck2

Main jet pic anyone?

Postby Nevernoluck2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Alright guys now I'm lost, every time I look up a main jet it shows me a small round standard looking main jet for my pd50b carbs. Now I haven't taken them apart off the bike but have just only dropped the bowls, I see the slow jet sticking out and where the main jet goes but what I unscrew out of there looks way different, has a stem on it too. I have saw it called a main jet holder on the web once, does anyone have pics as mine are put back together now, or any clue what I'm talking about?

usbear

Re: Main jet pic anyone?

Postby usbear » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:17 pm

There is a schematic in the online manual under one of Volkers Posts.
You
You can look it up under that and it will give you what you are looking for.
There is also a downloadable manual link there also.

I know it can get confusing as different carb manufactures have Different
Jet Configurations

Nevernoluck2

Postby Nevernoluck2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks I do have a manual, maybe I'll check some of bookers posts, just every time I look at parts they don't show what I'm seeing, thanks again

Nevernoluck2

Postby Nevernoluck2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:46 pm

So I went back and looked at the site I saw what is stuck in my head, yes my heads very much messed up, anyhow it shows main jet removal and next pic shows emulsion tube removal. Both same location, both look like what I have so I guess my real question does the emulsion tube come off the jet? Sure didn't look like it when I had them out. But when I look up jets it doesn't ever show the emulsion tube with the jet, what gives? Anyhow I can get carb clean to spray thru all holes, bike runs fine other than really needs synced. Reason I'm asking is I'm going to in the future put pods on and rejet it.

usbear

Postby usbear » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:40 pm

So you can use a small wrench to hold the tube and a screw driver to unscrew the jet.

PODS: Much to learn!

Nevernoluck2

Postby Nevernoluck2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks usbear, after I posted that I looked around again and thought thats how it was just needed the confirmation from someone that knows for sure.

Pods-well I love to learn and it's usually the hard way, I've got the patience just not the money at the moment.

Most of my questions like this one I come up with when I'm laying in bed and can't sleep and can't work on the bike to have my own look. Thanks again!!!

usbear

Postby usbear » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Whats your general location? US?

Nevernoluck2

Postby Nevernoluck2 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:09 am

I'm in indiana

Return to “General Discussion”