HID Xenon Headlight Installed

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

tracejm

HID Xenon Headlight Installed

Postby tracejm » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:37 pm

I just thought people might be interested in the HID light I put in last night. Quite an easy and inexpensive upgrade; I would highly recommend it.

My blog about it is here:

https://sites.google.com/site/tracejmcb650sc/cb650sc-blog/hidxenonheadlightinstalled

my79650

Re: HID Xenon Headlight Installed

Postby my79650 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:18 am

That does look good; how is it for a night drive? The light looks blue to me. Is that supposed to be like the same that i see for headlights in newer cars/trucks? It's so bright when i meet them on the road its blue....personally i'll stick with white halogen.

tracejm

Postby tracejm » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 pm

I think it's just a poor cell phone camera that's making it look blue. It's almost pure white.

The light is awesome. I have a small halo of light focused down in the ground in front of the bike, and then it is throwing a lot of light further down the road and to the sides that is a bit more ambient.

JorgenL

Postby JorgenL » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Good upgrade!
Saves the alternator and gives you more light.

Too bad we can't use them in Scandinavia. Here you have to have bi xenon or dual headlights. Low beam always required even on the day.
I you want to run low beams on xenon you have to have the auto-level-thingy installed :-(

Return to “General Discussion”