Ben Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Ben Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:39 am

I'm sure this hits harder for those of us that are Steeler fans. Big Ben hit a car turing across his lane and did a face plant into the windsheild and then pavement. He was not wearing a brain bucket and suffered some facial bone fractures. He is still in serious, but stable condition.

For you guys across the pond and down under, he is the starting quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers football (the American version) that won the Championship this past year.

Story:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06164/697828-66.stm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Vatch

Postby Vatch » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:40 am

Yeah, forgot to log in. :)
'99 1500 Drifter

Cteodorski

Postby Cteodorski » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:01 pm

To add insult to injury he was driving on an expired motorcycle permit.

I'm a Steelers fan (being from Pittsburgh, it is a REQUIREMENT) but I'm disappointed in him.

No helmet (I'm pro-helmet -- helmet law or no helmet law) and no license...

And the latest is no charges are going to be filed against the woman, not quite sure how if she turned left in front of him, but that is what they are saying on the news...

Vatch

Postby Vatch » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:46 am

Yeah, the more I think about it he really gave motorcyclists a black eye.
'99 1500 Drifter

Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:24 am

Yeah, bummer. You'd be suprised how many people I see in PA with no helmet since they repealed the helmet law. The ones that really get me ride with a helmet dangling from the hanger behind them. Sometimes they're really nice high-dollar helmets with matching paint(to the bike) and all. Thanks for the newspaper article. I hadn't made the connection that his occupation requires him to wear a helmet. How ironic.
1980 CB650c

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:02 pm

An authentic replica of the Steeler's protective gear was sold on eBay this week. I found the 2 pages of Q&A at the bottom to be quite entertaining. I know it's kinda mean to poke fun at his misfortune, but I'd also like to think that he'd laugh a little too (if his jaw wasn't broken). The thing that got me is that there was no mention of the bright orange 'hoodie' sweatshirt that I heard he was wearing. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 8075272567
1980 CB650c

Vatch

Postby Vatch » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:30 am

That's pretty funny, especailly the Q and A. Something tells me Ben will never hear the end of this. In a future game he'll get blind sided by a defensive tackle and we'll hear, "I didn't catch that guys number, but I think his jersey said Chrysler New Yorker." The list would be endless.
'99 1500 Drifter

Return to “General Discussion”