newbie ..king of newbies

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

inferno

newbie ..king of newbies

Postby inferno » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:44 pm

I am psyched to be apart of this forum and look forward to learning from all of you. I picked up an 81 cb650 custom the other day, was search for either a cb, kz, xs, basically something to bob. Little back story I have been working and racing tuners for about 15 yrs. So I have some mechanical knowledge. I do not know how to ride a bike, I also don't even have a permit(36yrs old). I was going to see a client one day and saw a cb bobbed out and said to myself they definitely look cool and with a couple of buddies getting bikes this year ,I said what the hell. So here I am bike is currently being torn down(so ive got parts if your looking) Starting with carbs as soon as I got it running it started pissing gas. I'm assuming I need to replace pins and seats. Ive got an idea of what I want this bike to look like in my head and I'm hoping to share the progress with all of you. Also looking for spoked wheels if youve got em.

usbear

Re: newbie ..king of newbies

Postby usbear » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:28 am

Good Morning and Welcome to the forum.

Start with a COMPLETE Fuel System Cleaning from the Tank Cap to the Bowl Drains- EVERYTHING.

Folsoml

Re: newbie ..king of newbies

Postby Folsoml » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Welcome!
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Return to “General Discussion”