Oil cooler on 650Z?

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

mojoblues

Re: Oil cooler on 650Z?

Postby mojoblues » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:38 pm

Ok, so I know at least that carbs and carb boots are not original (right?).
You think that his forks are also not original? Or mine?
So far I've seen so many slightly diff models of the Z model, I don't know what is what! Exhausts, handlebars, seats ...
Should I back off 'cause of these carbs, or it might be "alles in ordnung"?
'79 cb650z RC03

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:33 am

Your fork is stock, his probably not. The wide arc of the brake lines makes me think these probably come from the longer custom fork.
I would think this bike is either a version for some country I didn't know yet or it was modified by someone who really knows what he did and he wanted. Larger front disks, modern carbs, rear 17" for more modern tyre options etc. I am quite sure this bike was not put together from some available parts just to sell it.
So I would not worry too much in this case. For me this looks quite "in Ordnung" :wink:

If I should consider this right, it would be a pity to tear it apart. If it would be possible to register it in your country, it might worth to figure out to register it instead of yours.

It might be an exotic bike with regard to the different model parts (so for parts you have to know what to look for) but I would like that combination.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

mojoblues

Postby mojoblues » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:19 am

My intentions are to put everything onto my bike's frame so I could register it here. My engine is bad, and I'm sure there are many other things I could change for better.
I could take anything I want from other bike and put it on mine. From mine, all I need is a frame for the serial number.
The best part is, I can swap tank and side covers every week and feel like I have a new bike lol.
I still have to go and have a look at this bike and take it for a ride to see if it's good for the money.
I'll try to take some close up shots when I go.
'79 cb650z RC03

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:22 am

Good luck!
Hope it comes up to what the pictures suggest.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

mojoblues

Postby mojoblues » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:15 am

Well, bummer... the blue bike has been sold and at the moment nothing around to even consider.
Soooo .. change of plans (this actually might hit me back on the head big time):
I have decided to pick up my bike from the mechanic (nothing has been done), bring it home and try to fix it by myself! :shock: I don't know how hard and complicated it will be, but with all the links and tutorials here and on the net, I think I might have a chance. Of course, expect a lot of my stupid questions and a lot of photos titled: what is this? :lol:
In the meantime, I'll probably pick up a second hand Transalp so I can ride until cb is finished (it might take a loong time) and then sell the TA.
'79 cb650z RC03

Return to “General Discussion”