1980 CB650C is up and running and Legal

General motorcycle conversation

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

stillcrazydave

1980 CB650C is up and running and Legal

Postby stillcrazydave » Fri May 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Hello all!! She is up and running!! carbs still need some adjusting. I need to get a sync tool and was thinking about the Motion Pro.? Traded some handy man work for her. My neighbor is the original owner and it has been sitting in his garage since 1988. 5400 original miles!!

I have been lurking around here for a little while getting info here and there. Purchased carb kit from Z1 Enterprise and my friend Chris rebuilt them. Finally got the tank cleaned out and need to put the new petcock in.

Did the obvious new tires and battery. Rebuilt the front brakes, tore them back down twice to see why i wasn't getting any pressure, ended up drilling out the extra hole in the master cylinder.

With this bike being in the desert all these years there is no corrosion, thank God he kept it inside.

I am so in love with her! I have been doing the Harley thing since i was 23, purchased a '69 Sportster in '93 in boxes and built a really nice stock show winner. Still have my '98 Softail but kinda over that whole thing.
Attachments
honda.JPG
honda.JPG (541.39 KiB) Viewed 3498 times

JorgenL

Re: 1980 CB650C is up and running and Legal

Postby JorgenL » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:51 am

Looks brand new!
Welcome!

Return to “General Discussion”