81 cb650 custom (need some help)

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Vermin

81 cb650 custom (need some help)

Postby Vermin » Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 am

I bought this '81 cb650c custom off of craigslist. Had what we expected were some carb issues (loss of power with really heavy throttle).
We started off pulling everything off of the bike and decided we might as well pull the carb and clean it. When I went to check the hoses I found some dry rot on only two pieces. Two rubber "T"s connecting carbs 1 and 2 - and 3 and 4 together, runs to a hose and connects to the airbox. Turns out those pieces are really hard to come by. And I've seen multiple folks here having some issues replacing them.

My first question is, if I run with a pod or custom intake setup, and replaced those pieces, where would they run if I pulled the airbox out of the equation?

Second, where can I find those parts? I've looked around the web and have yet to even find a picture of what I need.

81 cb650c

Folsoml

Re: 81 cb650 custom (need some help)

Postby Folsoml » Mon May 23, 2016 4:51 am

Welcome here!

What you are talking about is numbers 10 and 11 on this link:

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/H ... parts.html

What does not make sense to me is that it shows that #11 is obsolete, but you can still get #10. While you have your's all apart, look and see if there is some reason you could not interchange them--even if it is just to use the bottom part the goes between the bodies.

Check the link in my signature. There are a couple of links to threads where these "T vents" are discussed.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

Vermin

Postby Vermin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:31 am

Yeah I'm running into a ton of obsolete parts on it. Crazy.
81 cb650c

wely

Postby wely » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:46 pm

My Honda dealer have this parts available for 40$ each. I bought them but I didn't see any different apart from the part number, everything else the identical.
Same size, some whole angel. So I didn't bother looking what number should go where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Technical Discussion”