craigslist question about a 650 I found.

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

cb650

Re: craigslist question about a 650 I found.

Postby cb650 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:10 pm

some get that way. Could be as simple as a bad connection. Some use JB weld to fill them in with no problems. Few threads on it.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

tario

Postby tario » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:36 pm

They might still work fine. Mine look like that and are good. If you look on amazon for those you can get them new(i think they are off brand) for 25 i'm pretty sure. Most electrical problems seem to be dirty connections. You can easily lose voltage and melt things if your connectors are dirty enough.
1979 cb650
1980 cb650

cruiserlover

Postby cruiserlover » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 pm

tario wrote:They might still work fine. Mine look like that and are good. If you look on amazon for those you can get them new(i think they are off brand) for 25 i'm pretty sure. Most electrical problems seem to be dirty connections. You can easily lose voltage and melt things if your connectors are dirty enough.

One thing this bike has plenty of and that is dirty connections.Actually it has no clean connections.I am not a patient person.This is teaching me.It ain't easy for me.When I was younger and messed with cars, a motor needed rings,ran rough, :no overhaul, just pull it and put another engine in.I also got a book on the 900-1000 cb bikes.Amazon sent it to me by mistake.Once you know one of these engines you pretty much know all of them as long as they are sohc.
Owner of 79 cb650.Non running.Current bike 2004 heritage softail. Denton Texas

Return to “Technical Discussion”