flasher /wiring problems

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Joe Miller

flasher /wiring problems

Postby Joe Miller » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:28 pm

First off I have been reading this forum for a long time and want to thank everyone who participates I have learned a ton from you guys even though us newbies are a PIA.

have a 650 that was a total mod that I had given to me after I lost my bro. Long story short I have got the bike bug...... and workn on this bike getting it back to factory so I can figure out how it works, manuals are crap on a mod bike when you know zero.

I have 2 questions.

1.fuse pops everytime I install flasher whats up with that?

also blue wire in the rear has no power but lft/orange does....I followed the wir/diag but no luck any pointers would be appreciated. :)

joe miller

Joe Miller

Re: flasher /wiring problems

Postby Joe Miller » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:48 pm

oh yea I have no power with solid blue at switch either, indicator bulb is a no go also gonna keep lookn

tario

Re: flasher /wiring problems

Postby tario » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:33 pm

If your fuse is popping when you plug in the flasher then it sounds like everything is working ok up until that point. It's possible that your signal light or bulb is shorted out. With aftermarket wiring you want to make sure there is no bare wires/connectors touching the metal parts of the bike. Once you've gone through everything you can easily access you may want to look for a wire that has cracked or rubbed through and is touching ground. If your blue signal wire doesn't have power that might be the problem. Tossing up some pictures of your wiring might make it easier to troubleshoot. Most problems are easy to fix but tricky to find.
1979 cb650
1980 cb650

Return to “Technical Discussion”