Blade Fuse Upgrade

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Hamman

Blade Fuse Upgrade

Postby Hamman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:08 am

Hey all, Ive been searching for a bit but haven't found a definitive answer. I am replacing all the glass type fuses to blade style. I see that all the fuses have their own power in, but then they all connect to one "black" wire which I assume is ground. I have inline ATC style fuses that I just ordered and should I just run all the negative sides of the fuses to this black wire being that this is how it is now? Just want to make sure that is correct :)
Also, do you think I can have them all twisted together and then soldered and heat shrunk to keep it ok? Or should I solder each ground side to its own terminal like the pic. below.....
IMG_4339.JPG
IMG_4339.JPG (84.9 KiB) Viewed 5997 times

Folsoml

Re: Blade Fuse Upgrade

Postby Folsoml » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Black is not a ground. It is hot.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

MEHall

Postby MEHall » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:18 am

As far as i know there is no ground, The black you talk about is the main electrical wire that feed all fuses. I have changed the fusebox myself to accomodate those kind of fuses and i soldered fastons on every wire. So dont change the layout, only solder it so it's like you see it on the old fusebox even on the new one. :wink:
There is one main wire to all fuses then 4 that go to each terminals. :wink:

8)
Riding bikes? I ride where ever i want and whenever i want. :wink:

Online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com/

Hamman

Postby Hamman » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:35 am

Ok makes sense..I guess that would not be a ground as that would not make sense for the circuit! So did you just branch off 4 small wires and connectors off that main HOT wire to the corresponding fuses unless I can try and find a 4-1 wire connector..Thanks guys for any/all info!

MEHall

Postby MEHall » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:13 am

Well i must say i cant recall how i did it but yes that lone wire must bransh off to 4 fastons then 1 faston each to the other sides wires.That's is at least how i can recall i did it. I'm not sure without checking but i think mine alredy was 1 to 4. Wich way you connect the wires depends a bit on how the fuse box is made, but i bet it's the flat kind of fastons you need. :wink:

Hope you got it to work. :wink: :)

8)

Hamman

Postby Hamman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:29 am

All good, haven't had time to get to it yet. Will be this week. I have 4 in-line mini ATC fuses that I plan on running. It is not an actual junction box or anything, just stand alone fuses in their holders. I will be branching 4 smaller lines off the thicker power wire running to each fuse with proper connectors and solder.

MEHall

Postby MEHall » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:59 pm

:wink: Ok that should vork nicely. If problems arises just post about it so we may help to fix it. :wink:

8)

Return to “Technical Discussion”