How to adjust fast idle speed arm?

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

juntjoo

How to adjust fast idle speed arm?

Postby juntjoo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:12 pm

https://imgur.com/a/CaXkd

if I understand the manuals correctly they're saying 1 millimeter max between the "fast idle adjusting pin" and "throttle link" but for some reason their pic shows the back of the carb towards the choke parts. Anyway, in my pic you can see I have about 2 millimeters.

The manuals state "adjust by opening and closing the fork end of the idle adjusting arm" til your clearance is correct. Doesn't do diddly for me. There's nothing to open or close that permanently changes anything in thay instruction. Any ideas?
82" cb650 Nighthawk

Lars_Erik

Re: How to adjust fast idle speed arm?

Postby Lars_Erik » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi,

If you back out the idle speed adjuster screw (the one with the black plastic grip on your picture) the arm will get in contact with the throttle link. The adjustment then can take place by opening or closing the fork (the cut out on tha arm) on your picture.

Folsoml

Postby Folsoml » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Is there a reason you are not getting everything installed and running, then just adjust the idle until the RPM's are how you like?
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

juntjoo

Postby juntjoo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:07 am

Folsoml wrote:Is there a reason you are not getting everything installed and running, then just adjust the idle until the RPM's are how you like?

I figured this out a bit back. I'm currently in the middle of other things but that "fork" piece I read somewhere you can bend it, and so I did. turning that black knob adjusts the throttle plates over that jet in the throat. you can't change that to adjust something else
82" cb650 Nighthawk

Return to “Technical Discussion”