need easier way to remove seat to access battery

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

juntjoo

need easier way to remove seat to access battery

Postby juntjoo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:55 am

I believe they're m8 hex head bolts that I have to carry around this:

https://imgur.com/a/gEcbX

in my pocket just to get to the tool box. Actually, come to think of it you might be able to remove the side cover on it's own. but still, I'd rather have some sort of locking pin or something instead of bolts there that doesn't require tools..

are there any solutions anyone has come up with?
82" cb650 Nighthawk

juntjoo

Re: need easier way to remove seat to access battery

Postby juntjoo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:17 am

juntjoo wrote:I believe they're m8 hex head bolts that I have to carry around this:

https://imgur.com/a/gEcbX

in my pocket just to get to the tool box. Actually, come to think of it you might be able to remove the side cover on it's own. but still, I'd rather have some sort of locking pin or something instead of bolts there that doesn't require tools..

are there any solutions anyone has come up with?

excuse me. I'm tired. I may have imagined a non existent problem
82" cb650 Nighthawk

GeorgeSweety

Postby GeorgeSweety » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:18 am

As I've never actually ridden my Nighthawk it's not a problem I've come across, I've got so much other stuff to do before I can even think about starting on it. :( Which is kind of odd because out of my three bikes, the Nighthawk is the one I want to ride the most :roll:

Folsoml

Postby Folsoml » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:03 am

The tool kit should be accessible under the left side cover (unless the Nighthawk is different). If you can only get to it by removing the seat, see if you can find a bolt with a knurled head, so you can remove it with just your fingers.

Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

juntjoo

Postby juntjoo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:11 am

Folsoml wrote:The tool kit should be accessible under the left side cover (unless the Nighthawk is different). If you can only get to it by removing the seat, see if you can find a bolt with a knurled head, so you can remove it with just your fingers.

yes, that's where it would be if it came with one, but I made up my own. I like your suggestion but I think it would be too much and unnecessary and I shouldn't plan on taking it off THAT often
82" cb650 Nighthawk

Return to “Technical Discussion”