Speedo compatibility

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

michael_650

Speedo compatibility

Postby michael_650 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:45 am

I haven't seen a lot of bikes apart. I know the speedo cables and speedometers on the Honda CB650 are widely compatible with just about every old Honda. Are they different than other brands, or can i grab any speedo off the shelf and go??

GeorgeSweety

Re: Speedo compatibility

Postby GeorgeSweety » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:33 am

Why not just get a direct replacement for the one on your bike to eliminate any compatibility issues?

michael_650

Postby michael_650 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:53 am

Exploring options and considerations on a full custom cluster. Looking for something smaller and sleeker, considering making a custom face, and don't want to have to fight that silly pressed on lip every time i want to take it apart again and make an adjustment.

GeorgeSweety

Postby GeorgeSweety » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:12 am

I understand now, you are customizing, I thought perhaps you were struggling to find a replacement. I agree about the pressed on lips, nightmare to repair these clocks. I have a few spares with poor paint and I don't like the idea of having to strip them just to get some decent paint on them.

michael_650

Postby michael_650 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:54 am

Yes, customizing! I don't have a machine shop, just some basic hand and power tools. The goal is to do as much as i can for as cheap as humanly possible. I want something that looks pretty cool without screaming "omg another hack is trying to make one of those stupid cafe racers."

Any and all resources regarding how-to's is appreciated.

Return to “Technical Discussion”