Dual Disc Brake 3-way Joint/Bridge

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Hutch1

Dual Disc Brake 3-way Joint/Bridge

Postby Hutch1 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 pm

My brake bridge/3-way joint is leaking. I'm ordering new SS brake lines, and would like to know if I could eliminate the bridge altogether and run both lines directly to the MC. Thanks all.
1982 CB650SC

Volker_P

Re: Dual Disc Brake 3-way Joint/Bridge

Postby Volker_P » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:20 am

That's what I did when I switched to stainless steel lines, too. :wink:
You need a longer MC hollow bolt for that that can clip two line connectors one above another.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

Hutch1

Postby Hutch1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:51 am

Volker_P wrote:That's what I did when I switched to stainless steel lines, too. :wink:
You need a longer MC hollow bolt for that that can clip two line connectors one above another.

thanks!
1982 CB650SC

VintageRider

Postby VintageRider » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:25 pm

Have a 81 CB650C and also want to remove the bridge and go with two lines. What size would i need? Same size for both? Also, if i change the handles in the future for something more modern/confortable would they still work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:38 am

I did not have the original handlebars so I got some wires and placed them as dummy for trying out.
It is important to turn the handlebars full way in both directions to see if it is still fine then. It is also worth to check out on which side the brake lines should pass the installed gas and clutch cables.
After I found a good way for mounting the brake lines, I measured the wires and ordered the lines in these lengths.

If you are not happy with the present handlebars, it may be a good idea to solve this issue before you get new brake lines.
As the stock handlebars are quite wide there is a good chance that the brake lines fit most other handlebars that can be called comfortable.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

Return to “Technical Discussion”