Valve Stem Seal process

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Volker_P

Re: Valve Stem Seal process

Postby Volker_P » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:22 am

I think (corrected) torque and hp data make sense. I would guess the guy just wanted to correct for the fact that there is an additonal void ignition every engine turn (against 4strokes with only one coil for the engine like in most cars) but selected factor four instead of two. Consequently you will find that factor also in calculated quantities like the torque.
The factor being exactly two holds only when the rpm signal is got from ignition signals (they connected some sensor to one ignition cable I guess?). For me it really looks quite exactly like two.
In case compression is allright, lack of power is mostly due to setup problems. Older bikes suffer from blocked air filters or exhausts full of coal, worn or dirty carbs or weak ignitions. With that mileage and provided everything is clean and electrics is still fine, there is no reason to have significantly lower power than stock and new. I see no reason not to believe the data. :D

frankinstyn

Postby frankinstyn » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:50 am

thats fantastic! hhhmmmmm now to get more....lol
Is the above comment is complete idiotic or ignorant please attribute it to the alchohol.

Return to “Technical Discussion”