More trouble with my front brake and brake light

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Cteodorski

More trouble with my front brake and brake light

Postby Cteodorski » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:06 pm

Well -- I pulled the switch from my front brake as suggested on the old board. It appears that the switch was not my issue -- I see current passing through it on my multitester.

I tried jumping the wires with a short piece of wire to see if it would light the brake light -- with no success -- the light lights fine when I apply the back brake -- but I get nothing with the front brake....

Any other suggestions?

Also the screw that holds the switch in is an odd little screw -- any idea when I can find a replacement for him? Mine is all rusted....

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:50 am

Hi,
I think next you should find out whether the main wiring harness or just the right side handlebar part causes trouble:
Open the lamp and identify the (red 9-connector) plug for the right side cables (front brake, headlights, starter, kill switch). Front brake is the white/green and green/yellow cables according to my wiring diagram. Unplug and measure both cables for connection between plug and switch. If one of them is damaged, I think it is not too difficult to replace. If you are really sure you have the right cables(:!:), you could also bridge at the wiring harness side of the plug to check the brake light.
Good luck!

Return to “Technical Discussion”