HHHmmmm....

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Hue

HHHmmmm....

Postby Hue » Sat May 12, 2007 3:55 am

Ok.. As I need a ride I have been thinking of how to fix up my cb650c well enough to ride again (with VERY limited funds) and the only thing I have been able to find around my parts is an old cb500. Do you think the handle bars and front light on it would work? Or maybe perhaps the front control pannel (considering mine was torn off) taken from the 500 and put on the 650? It would only be a temp thing till I could afford to buy all the original equipment again, but can the two front ends be married? Things that make you go HHmmmmm....
1980 CB650 CUSTOM

holysmokes

Postby holysmokes » Sat May 12, 2007 6:30 am

I have a couple 1980s 750 customs junked, and the parts are interchangeable with yours

my shipping is actual cost, and will use you good on prices

pm me , with your needs

Vatch

Postby Vatch » Sun May 13, 2007 8:26 am

Hue,
Any handbar with 3/4 inch diameter tube will work, so yes, the cb500 will work. The light will be fine too. Most any motorcycle light will work as long as it doesn't pull too many more amps than the original. I don't think there will be a problem with the instruments either, but I'd certainly check those after install. And if you are going for fixes and ridability on the cheap, check out http://www.ratbike.org/ for some tips. :D
'99 1500 Drifter

Return to “Technical Discussion”