need help #2 + #4 not getting hot

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

SkiLLzCb650c

need help #2 + #4 not getting hot

Postby SkiLLzCb650c » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:36 pm

I have my 81 cb650c running now....kinda. Its idling descent but not for more than 30 secs to a minute.
#2 and 4 pipes are not getting hot......why?

Where is the overflow for the carbs? I am leaking out of #1 + #2 carbs at the bowl gasket. Is gas supposed to get this high with or without the engine running? When I pulled them for the first time the PO had put some RTV around em......I just cleaned it off and reinstalled without it. I dont know if I have a float sticking or what. They were both leaking and I took the bowls back off and cleaned the floater valve and made sure it cut off the fuel when pushed up. I have the CV carbs....non adjustable

Should I set all of the adjusting screws on the carbs back to factory specs? I havent touched em but I can tell the PO has. I have the 4-1 ehaust.

Im getting a lot of views and not many replies here.......i hopeing otherwise. Thanks to you who have helped so far. Cmon fellas keep the info coming! THANKS!!!

SkiLLzCb650c

Postby SkiLLzCb650c » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:22 pm

Ok.......checked the coils and realized the PO had 1+2 together on 1 and 3+4 together on the other. Put em how they should be and boy she fired right up! All 4 pipes hot now!

I still have carb issues. Need the info I asked about on the previous post......cmon guys help me get this beauty runnin!!!!!!!!!!!

cb650

Postby cb650 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:37 pm

Set them to factory specs to start out with. You need to get a manuall and clean them and the tank good.

Terry

SkiLLzCb650c

Postby SkiLLzCb650c » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:18 pm

Already cleaned the tank and the carbs......I have the online shop manual. I need to know where the overflow is for the carbs......Should gas get to the top of the bowl? Its leaking out from the bowl gasket on #1 or #2 or both.

Going to adjust them now.......

Return to “Technical Discussion”