Indicator (TurnSignal ) Relay

If it's broken or just needs tweaked

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Indicator (TurnSignal ) Relay

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:50 pm

Help! I am busy rebuilding my 650z UK spec bought from E Bay I have now completed the head gasket job and set about the wiring problems. I cannot get the Indicators to work and the relay is missing. I have 3 wires a White/green a Grey and a Green all going to where the relay should be. Am I right is the relay unit a 3 pin unit does anyone have a part number or information regarding the wiring of the indicators (direction/turn lamps)
I only have a Haynes manual and it is not the best to work from

Thanks

kc13661

Indicators

Postby kc13661 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:51 pm

Hi sorry forgot to log in so it shows as guest.....all help will be appreciated I think I am right in Saying that the Winker Realay is only a two pin unit and the Green Wire I refer to is not used (spare ground cable)

Can someone confirm this for me

Thank you

Keith
Stay Safe Stay Upright

Robert

Postby Robert » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:56 am

The original part nr. for the winker relay (CB650Z, country code: E=ENGLAND) is 38301-415-004
From the wiring diagram, the winker relay of the E version is indeed only a "two pin" unit, and only the grey cable and the white&green cable need to be connected.
So you're right and every conventional 2-pole winker relay should work for you.

Same for all other country versions, at least in Europe, except for Germany where the winker relay is a "three pin" unit, and all three cables need to be connected (green; white&green, grey)

Ibsen

Postby Ibsen » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:44 am

Robert is right. My Z model have got a two pin relay.

Here is the wiring diagram for the Z model:

http://cosky1.tripod.com/imagelib/siteb ... et=tlx_new

kc13661

Thank you

Postby kc13661 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:49 am

Thanks guys, great help I felt as though I just needed the re-assurance, when I got the bike the previous owner had a 3 pin relay fitted using the green wire.... alas the winkers never worked. I attempted to rectify this using a new 3 pin, only to blow fuses as though tomorrow was never coming.

I will get a 2 pin one now and go at it again. Many thanks for wiring diagram. Nice to know help is there when needed.

Keith
Stay Safe Stay Upright

Return to “Technical Discussion”