1983 CB650 parts

CB650's for sale

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

Corlawc1

1983 CB650 parts

Postby Corlawc1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:00 am

I have a 1983 CB650 project bike that I'm selling off. I figured I'd find a bike-specific forum and see if yall wanted first pick of parts. Forums like this are where I get 90% of my parts for my other bikes.

I have the whole bike, and it's broken down as far as I could get it. It had almost no compression (15 psi) so I took it down to nothing to find the source. Seems like the cylinder walls are worn and it probably needs to be bored out and an oversized piston put in.

My original idea was a cafe but I don't think the tank shape lends itself well. So that, plus my inability to bore the cylinders, means it's time to sell it off.

I will sell it as a whole, or part it out. If you are interested please comment or PM me. I am located in middle GA so if you can come take the whole thing please let me know. If I have to ship parts I'll have to weigh each grouping of parts and then let you know how much it costs to ship. I will accept PayPal only online, and cash only in person.

This CL ad has a lot of pictures: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/mcy/4874246988.html

Everything non-electrical will be put thru the parts washer before being shipped off. I have the following:
Tank (dented on one side)
Frame
Carbs
Airbox
Engine (currently separated out, can sell separate or as a unit)
Clutch basket (metals look good, fibers probably need replacing)
Left/Right controls
Gauge cluster
Ignition with 2x new keys
Exhaust pipes
Left/Right exhaust cone
Seat (in pretty good condition!)
Forks (lots of pitting on the uppers but straight as an arrow)
Front/Rear brake assembly
Front/Rear wheel
All the fairings
Brake light assembly

Everything rubber on it dry-rotted, so no grips, etc. Foot pegs need new rubber but the metal is fine. Turn signals work but the rubber stalks need replacing. You could use the lenses and bulbs just fine tho.

Folsoml

Re: 1983 CB650 parts

Postby Folsoml » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:23 am

Hi! I removed your picture because it was HUGE. Interested parties can still click on the link.
Have a problem with your CB650? Have a technical question? Click here!

My Current Bikes: 2005 HD FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 2007 Yamaha Vino,

cb650

Re: 1983 CB650 parts

Postby cb650 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:09 pm

Too bad we wasnt closer I have a 84 with a bad bottom end. We could make one nice one. I might be interested in the speedo gear. I sold this one but think I might want to keep the front complet.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

Return to “Bikes”