1981 CB650 Custom for sale

CB650's for sale

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

navydad

1981 CB650 Custom for sale

Postby navydad » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:58 am

1981 Honda CB650 Custom
The good…
New tires…New fork seals…New stainless steel brake lines…Brake calipers rebuilt with new parts…Brake master cylinder rebuilt with new parts…New tapered steering bearings…Fuel tank coated and sealed should not rust inside…New oil and filter…New spark plugs…Carbs completely rebuilt…New air filter…New battery…New QUALITY o-ring chain, not a $29.95 eBay piece of crap…New shifter seal…Frame and swing arm stripped and repainted…NOS rear shocks from a 1000 Goldwing…New seat cover…New exhaust gaskets…All control cables are in good shape and lubed…All lights work as they should…I have a backrest, luggage rack, and removable trunk also. There are a few other odds and ends like mirrors etc.

Could use…
A new brake fluid reservoir, the cap leaks on this one. It has the Honda SOHC trademark oil leak at the cylinder head and needs all the new rubber bits to stop the leak. There is a small (two inch) dent on the top of the tank right where the seat joins the tank. The paint is not damaged and I am not a body man so I chose to leave it alone. One of the PO’s did a hack job on the battery tray. The bike is an original, cleaned and repaired to be a rider not a museum dust collector. It’s not perfect, but I would ride it anywhere with no worries. Price is $2000 and I’m located in Chillicothe in southern Ohio.

seven four oh-701-four one six seven will contact me.
Attachments
honda.jpg
honda.jpg (868.19 KiB) Viewed 27375 times
done.jpg
done.jpg (824 KiB) Viewed 27375 times

Return to “Bikes”