Sold

CB650's for sale

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

JasonLester

Sold

Postby JasonLester » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Sold long time ago. Admins you can delete this thread if you like.

I just got an email about this bike that's left me long ago. My only guess was they got my email from this thread.

BTW it was a good bike and I hated to see it go.

1980 CB650

Ok my 1980 CB650 is officially for sale. While I hate to do it I am going to have to sell this great bike to fund a newer bike for an Alaska trip. I've been kicking this around for a while and now my riding partner (my dad) has gone and bought himself a bike, and plans to head out this spring.

Ok so anyway about the bike. It has less than 12K miles. New rotor and Reg/Rect. Tires are in ok (not in need of replacing imo but not new) shape and the bike is clean. I have not ridden it in a couple years as I had the Rotor fail. By the time I got that part in the season was mostly over. Then over the winter the bike would not start. So I took out the carbs and worked on them. I put them back but still did not get it to start. I got busy and never got back to tearing them down again. So as is it is not running. However, I'm gonna work on the carbs soon. (I should have been more thourough before)

There is a tear in the seat but its hard to see as it is taped. Other than that the seat is actually pretty good. Might be fixable I guess.
It has KG racks and also has a highway bar and pegs.(not shown in the pics.)

I think that is all. Nice clean bike. I'll take more pics if you want but wanted to get it on here before I listed it elsewhere.

Bike is located in Cincinnati Ohio

I'm hoping to get $1000 (I'll be asking more elsewhere, I'd just like to see it go to someone that will enjoy this bike. I figure people on here appreciate them)

Last edited by JasonLester on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cb650

Re: 1980 CB650 for sale

Postby cb650 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Looks just like the one I'm riding now. Good luck.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:21 am

Sorry to hear that you sell it. Looks fine, but expect some time to get that money or even more for a non-runner. If it is really just a carb issue, I'd guess it is in any case worth to fix it before trying to sell it.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

JasonLester

Postby JasonLester » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:33 am

Oh that price is for it running. I wouldn't ask that for a non-running bike.lol

I'll post when I get it running. Like I said the charging system is all good after I replaced all the parts :roll: I just need to get those carbs out and clean them good. Should take long I just have to find the time.

mrmaxwelld

Postby mrmaxwelld » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:35 pm

if you get that bad boy up and running, ill take it. ive been looking for a bike for some time now. this is a great bike.i live in fl but am willing to travel. price sounds good. pm me when it fires up and ill come get it.

rlrobian

Postby rlrobian » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:29 am

You have a nice looking bike. I cant imagine you will have any problem selling. I've just bought a 650 project bike and will need a new exhaust. From the looks of yours they appear to be HD exhausts? Was there any issue getting them on your bike?
Thanks
RL

Return to “Bikes”