'80 CB 650 Custom for sale

CB650's for sale

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

bonhomechristopher

'80 CB 650 Custom for sale

Postby bonhomechristopher » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 am

Hey guys, sorry to say this but I need to sell my bike. I can't do anything with it because I don't have a title or a bill of sale (no, I didn't steal it :roll: ). I knew nothing at all when I bought this thing as a piece of junk. I put a lot of time and effort into it and in turn received quite a bit of knowledge. The tank still leaks from pinholes along the seam, and the t-connector on the carbs needs to be replaced due to bad o-rings. Other than that, everything works nicely and the motor runs great! 16,600 miles on it. I put brand new tires on it before I found out I couldn't get it registered. :( http://tricities.craigslist.org/mcy/2853839498.html I am probably asking a little too much for this bike but it can't hurt to start high. I am in Johnson City, TN. Email me at cthoward-2@hotmail.com
So...when will your bike be finished? Umm, never. It is an old bike, there's always gonna be something to do!

Volker_P

Re: '80 CB 650 Custom for sale

Postby Volker_P » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:48 am

Sorry to hear that after all you tried to get it running.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

bonhomechristopher

Postby bonhomechristopher » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 pm

The good thing is that I DID get it running all by myself!! I have a wealth of knowledge about engines now thanks to this bike and the help I got from you guys on the forum! Thanks!!!!
So...when will your bike be finished? Umm, never. It is an old bike, there's always gonna be something to do!

Volker_P

Postby Volker_P » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:48 am

Now that you know how to fix things, no way to get a cheap non-runner with title and swap engine and whatever else necessary?
Always good to have a parts bike for a 30 year old bike.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

rmigel

Postby rmigel » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:29 am

Hello All,
New to group, looking for a complete 1980 CB650 Custom, stock, was my first new bike, all those years ago. Is this one still available?

bonhomechristopher

Postby bonhomechristopher » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:36 pm

Sorry, I sold the bike already. Check the local craigslist postings, I am always seeing old bikes for sale and plenty of hondas. Yeah, I get on craigslist and ogle. Some day... :D

Return to “Bikes”