anybody have any GOOD used tires?

CB650's for sale

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

nate85

anybody have any GOOD used tires?

Postby nate85 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:42 pm

i am worried about my front tire mostly but the back isnt good at all. my front tire is all cracked up on the side wall and throughout the tread. i can get a set from tire bandit for about 120 but im trying to save money right now. if i can find a good used tire for a good price that would be better at the moment. dont have to have a lot of tread since i only right a few miles to work and then around town a bit but i would like if it wasnt all cracked up. let me know if ya have anything laying around that would help me out. thanks

Volker_P

Re: anybody have any GOOD used tires?

Postby Volker_P » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:41 am

Tires get hard with time. No problem on dry, warm roads, but extremely slippery on cold and wet.
So be careful. You easily smash more that way than you can save at the tires.
Depending on storage, tires may start getting problematic after about 7 years.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

nate85

Postby nate85 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:32 am

ok maybe ill just get some cash together and pick up these shinko 712's. there rated good and cheap

Riceburner73

Postby Riceburner73 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:31 pm

I know what you mean, my bike still has the factory tires from all the way back in 1980 (the mfg date). They look ok but I would be scared to go very far or fast on them. I think maybe you should go for the shinkos, I looked at them as well and cheap, new tires are better than risking your bike and neck on somebody's throwaways. I've had some sorry tires on my truck but a blowout on a bike is a whole different can of worms. Good Luck, whatever you decide. :D

nate85

Postby nate85 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:31 pm

yes i just wanna get new ones now. i have since read up on how to handle a bike if one of the tires blow so maybe if it were to happen it wouldnt be as bad and might come out of it ok. i just dont go fast and just cruise around town

Return to “Bikes”