WTB: Exhaust for CB 650 custom '81

Get some new gear

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

j_oly1999

WTB: Exhaust for CB 650 custom '81

Postby j_oly1999 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Hello all, just bought an '81 650 custom, in really good shape, other than the usual fork seals deteriorated, misc. other things, but the big one is, it has the stock exhaust, and it's rusted through at the low point in the pipes, like moisture built up in the low point and rusted it out? They are origional, and in pretty good shape except for 4 inches of the pipes at the weld where they head pipes and mufflers came together.

Does anyone have a set that would bolt on to this bike they would sell?

Thanks in advance

cb650

Re: WTB: Exhaust for CB 650 custom '81

Postby cb650 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:55 am

Did you post this on the sohc4 site too? If you didnt pm me I have a set.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

j_oly1999

Re: WTB: Exhaust for CB 650 custom '81

Postby j_oly1999 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:49 pm

I did. I havn't found any as of yet. I'd like to get a stock set, but whatever isn't rusted wll work for me! Like i said, the head pipes are mint, but they rusted at the welds where the mufflers attatch.

email me @ j_oly1999@yahoo.com about your set! I picked up the bike last thursday, and it's now ready to ride, but sounds hideous. It has 21K miles, origional vetter fairing that is painted to match, came with the bike new, so says the Orig. Owner, i have the trunk, but no bracket to mount it on, he gave me a bunch of backrest/grab bars, but only one looks to fit this bike, and it wasn't the one the trunk was on.

Rebuilt the calipers tonite, put the new chain and tire on, synced the carbs, changed the oil again, just to be sure the old was out, and she runs like a top!

Cant wait to get some miles on her, my Vulcan 800 is getting a little jealous though!

Return to “Accessories and Apparel”