Seat Suggestions

Get some new gear

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

chuter

Seat Suggestions

Postby chuter » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Folks: I'm looking for some seat suggestions. I have a '80 CB650 with the original seat. It has tears in the usual seams. There's a good automotive, custom upholsterer in town and I could take it to him or think about an aftermarket seat. I'm looking for something a little softer (boney butt) for longer rides and with a little support at the rear of my primary seating area. I'm not sure about leather with no stitching. Too slippery? I appreciate your suggestions and any photos. I'm new to the bike, had it since August and have 1k miles on it. It's in great condition with only 13k miles. Winter is here in WI (USA) so the seat will be a good off season project along with fork oil, general cleaning and polishing. Thanks.

chuter

Re: Seat Suggestions

Postby chuter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Folks: I had the seat reupholstered over the winter and it's great. The local automotive upholstery shop did a great job. They moved the "hump" back an inch and installed nice foam. They relocated the seams away from stress points so it should last a good long time.

cb650

Re: Seat Suggestions

Postby cb650 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Cool. I musta mised your first post. I like a seat that lets you move around some on long rides. And the step in the stock seat does cause a numb spot.
Did you clean the tank out?!?!?!?!

Return to “Accessories and Apparel”