Needed: looking for an ingniton switch and a tank cap

Get some new gear

Moderators: Volker_P, tidd650

cardcutter

Needed: looking for an ingniton switch and a tank cap

Postby cardcutter » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Hello! Iv been having problems with my ignition sometimes when i would put the key in and turn it to on it wouldent let me start the bike so i think it may be dead. so now im on the lookout for the ignition and a tank cap with the key :D thanks

Volker_P

Re: Needed: looking for an ingniton switch and a tank cap

Postby Volker_P » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 am

The lock and the switch may be separated easily. So you can keep your lock, key and tank cap in case it still turns without problems.
Also the switch itself may be disassembled with much less trouble like the light or turn signal switch with very small pieces. Often just a cable got loose at the switch screws. Someone reported that just the center mechanical connector from lock to switch broke or got out somehow.
I'd say there are many options for a simple fix, so worth a look.
Keep in mind that '79 and Z-models have a longer tank with a completely different tank cap and lock.
Cosky's great (free) online manual: http://cosky0.tripod.com

forum links to common technical issues

If you really like this site and you would not like to see it vanish soon, have a look there: Urgent: Future of HondaCB650.com Forum

cardcutter

Re: Needed: looking for an ingniton switch and a tank cap

Postby cardcutter » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:04 pm

oh really thanks iv had a bit of a problem with it at first it was just a bit of a problem but now its wont start at all and when i opened it up it looked like someone had already worked on it... im not to sure what to do from there it looks pretty patched up, and thanks for the info on the tank dident know that there was that much of a difference

Much appreciated thank you

Return to “Accessories and Apparel”